I LIKE THIS FUNNIEST ENGAGEMENT STORY......




 Bride: Amanda Jarboe       
Groom: Daniel Stanczyk.

The Power Walker Engagement: Typically, the first people to know when you get engaged are those closest to you. Brides-to-be call their mothers immediately to let them know the good news; future grooms phone home to share the good news with their families. When Amanda and I got engaged, the first person to know and congratulate us, was someone we wouldn't suspect. It was Valentine's Day 2012. I had picked up the engagement ring I knew she loved the day before and was nervously hiding it in my pocket. Amanda knew I was popping the question soon, but she never suspected that I'd propose on Valentines day. The plan was perfect. I'd take her on a romantic walk, then ask her to be my wife on our favorite bench in Baker Park. Once I started my speech, I couldn't stop. I was feeling it. I told her that she was my Valentine that day, then--to top the whole speech off--I dropped down to one knee and asked her if she would be my valentine for the rest of my life. Tears welled up in her eyes and we had a great moment....not quite a moment. More like a few seconds. No sooner did she say yes, and then it happened. A woman who was in the middle of a killer power walk around the park stopped by our bench and said "OH MY GOD, did you two just get engaged?!?!?". I said "yes, we did" (in fact I was still down on one knee at this point). The walker slid her headphones off and said "Let me see!", so we showed her the ring. She ooh'ed and ahh'ed at the ring with sweat dripping off her forehead. After offering her congratulations, she said her goodbyes, and power walked out of our lives forever. So, it wasn't my future mother-in-law, my brother, or father who was the first to know that we were engaged. It ended up being a Valentine's day power walker. We wouldn't want to have it any other way.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Owned and Managed by Bouner Disneysorata Tanzanite! All right Reserved..